If I'll remove bug screen on Altec 806A driver what will be changed? Does it improve VHF FR?
Regards, Mike
If I'll remove bug screen on Altec 806A driver what will be changed? Does it improve VHF FR?
Regards, Mike
Hey Mike,,,
I would leave them. They were there to keep the bugs out......
How well can you hear? Some have said they "heard" the differences, but like in all things audio, it is very subjective.......
Do you know someone with a set (800 series drivers) that has had there screens removed? If so, take your diaphragms over there and swap them out and see how it goes, you like the result, go for it.
If it were I, unless they were clogged with junk, I would rather not.
Have fun,
-chris
I removed mine, and heard extended very high frequency and less congestion during loud passages of music.
Ron
I agree +2.
The screen acts like a lens. Removing it gets rid of the phasey sound when listening in the near field.
Play some pink noise and move you head left to right and you will hear it.
Remove the screens and it largly goes away.
Ron
Yeah, the audio version of a DLP's 'screen door' effect: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_door_effect"]Screen-door effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Funny! I used to slightly defocus DLP projectors to get rid of the screen door effect. Blend the pixels together, if you like. Everyone hated it. "Not sharp enough!". The pixel edges give an illusion of detail that isn't really there.
Wonder if the same applies to bug screens in CDs?
Bookmarks